FDBusiness.com

Cloetta acquires Irish jelly bean producer Aran Candy

 Breaking News
  • Younger British Consumers Turn Over a New Leaf on Tea New research from Mintel reveals that as many as 37% of British consumers aged 25-34 have drunk 5-6 different types of tea at home or in the workplace over the past month*, compared to just 3% of those aged 55+. Furthermore, Brits aged 25-34 are the most likely to drink every variety of tea tracked by [...]...
  • Irish Consumer Confidence Hits New High Consumer confidence in Ireland has hit its highest level since the recession and is now the fourth most confident country in Europe, according to the latest Nielsen Global Survey of Consumer Confidence and Spending Intentions. The Republic of Ireland’s Consumer Confidence Index score – which measures attitudes each quarter on topics including personal finances and job prospects [...]...
  • Fifth Acquisition For Frutarom in 2017 Frutarom Industries, one of the world’s 10 largest companies in the field of flavours and natural specialty fine ingredients, continues its momentum of acquisitions and the implementation of its rapid and profitable growth strategy by agreeing to purchase of 100% of the shares of the UK company Flavours and Essences (UK) Ltd (F&E) for approximately [...]...
  • Market-leading Food Contact Conference, Plastics & Paper in Contact with Food – 4-7 December, Berlin Over 200 experts from across the food contact industry will come together in Berlin, Germany from 4–7 December 2017 to attend Smithers Pira’s Plastics & Paper in Contact with Foodstuffs (P&P) –http://www.food-contact.com/plastics-paper. With the European Commission having recently published EU regulation 752/2017 amending EU Regulation 10/2011 on plastic materials and articles intended for food contact, all [...]...
  • Croxsons’ Stunning Black Bottle For 6 O’Clock Gin’s Limited Edition Debut Leading glass packaging company Croxsons has supplied Bristol based distiller, 6 O’Clock Gin, with a stunning black bottle for their first limited edition gin product – the Brunel Edition. Since Bramley & Gage’s partnership with Croxsons for the re-launch of their 6 O’Clock gin, the Brunel Edition is the first limited edition gin for 6 O’Clock [...]...
  • Carlsberg Group Remains on Course Carlsberg Group has announced organic and reported net revenue growth of 2% to DKr31.77 billion (€4.27 billion) for the first half of 2017 although group beer volumes fell organically by 3%, chiefly due to a decline in Russia. Operating profit was up 15% organically, with all three regions – Western Europe, Eastern Europe and Asia [...]...

Cloetta acquires Irish jelly bean producer Aran Candy

Cloetta acquires Irish jelly bean producer Aran Candy
May 29
15:25 2014

Confectionery company Cloetta has announced the acquisition of Ireland-based Aran Candy, the owner of the Jelly Bean Factory brand, for SEK140m ($21m).

Aran Candy, established in 1998, producer and seller of gourmet Jelly Beans.

According to Cloetta, the acquisition will significantly strengthen its position in the UK.

Cloetta CEO Bengt Baron said Jelly Beans are known as a product to consumers world-wide, and the acquisition of the Jelly Bean Factory will support the company’s profitable growth by adding an offering to the Munchy Moments within the sugar confectionary category.

“The Jelly Bean Factory has shown strong growth over the last years and the acquisition will significantly strengthen Cloetta’s position in the UK market. In addition, we intend to roll out the products in our current core markets over time,” Baron added.

The Jelly Bean Factory produces premium gourmet Jelly Beans in 36 different natural flavors. It reported sales of about SEK100m ($15m) in 2013 with the UK as the core market.

Other key markets for the brand are the US, Canada, Middle East, Ireland and Germany.

Speaking about the deal, Aran Candy managing director Richard Cullen said, “We are very pleased to become part of the Cloetta Group. With Cloetta’s focus on brands and strong routes-to-market in their core markets, I am convinced that we will be able to further strengthen and accelerate the growth of The Jelly Bean Factory brand.”

Initially, Cloetta has purchased 75% of the shares of Aran Candy, with the remaining 25% to be acquired in 2016. The acquisition will be financed with Cloetta’s existing credit facilities.

About Author

colin

colin

Related Articles



Food & Drink Business Conference & Exhibition 2016

Upcoming Events

  • September 11, 2017drinktec
  • September 13, 2017FI Asia
  • September 19, 2017PROCESS EXPO 2017
  • September 22, 2017Global Summit on Food & Beverages
AEC v1.0.4

The Magazine

F&D Business Preferred Suppliers

Advertisements