FDBusiness.com

Glanbia Ingredients Ireland Joint Venture Moves Closer

 Breaking News
  • Younger British Consumers Turn Over a New Leaf on Tea New research from Mintel reveals that as many as 37% of British consumers aged 25-34 have drunk 5-6 different types of tea at home or in the workplace over the past month*, compared to just 3% of those aged 55+. Furthermore, Brits aged 25-34 are the most likely to drink every variety of tea tracked by [...]...
  • Irish Consumer Confidence Hits New High Consumer confidence in Ireland has hit its highest level since the recession and is now the fourth most confident country in Europe, according to the latest Nielsen Global Survey of Consumer Confidence and Spending Intentions. The Republic of Ireland’s Consumer Confidence Index score – which measures attitudes each quarter on topics including personal finances and job prospects [...]...
  • Fifth Acquisition For Frutarom in 2017 Frutarom Industries, one of the world’s 10 largest companies in the field of flavours and natural specialty fine ingredients, continues its momentum of acquisitions and the implementation of its rapid and profitable growth strategy by agreeing to purchase of 100% of the shares of the UK company Flavours and Essences (UK) Ltd (F&E) for approximately [...]...
  • Market-leading Food Contact Conference, Plastics & Paper in Contact with Food – 4-7 December, Berlin Over 200 experts from across the food contact industry will come together in Berlin, Germany from 4–7 December 2017 to attend Smithers Pira’s Plastics & Paper in Contact with Foodstuffs (P&P) –http://www.food-contact.com/plastics-paper. With the European Commission having recently published EU regulation 752/2017 amending EU Regulation 10/2011 on plastic materials and articles intended for food contact, all [...]...
  • Croxsons’ Stunning Black Bottle For 6 O’Clock Gin’s Limited Edition Debut Leading glass packaging company Croxsons has supplied Bristol based distiller, 6 O’Clock Gin, with a stunning black bottle for their first limited edition gin product – the Brunel Edition. Since Bramley & Gage’s partnership with Croxsons for the re-launch of their 6 O’Clock gin, the Brunel Edition is the first limited edition gin for 6 O’Clock [...]...
  • Carlsberg Group Remains on Course Carlsberg Group has announced organic and reported net revenue growth of 2% to DKr31.77 billion (€4.27 billion) for the first half of 2017 although group beer volumes fell organically by 3%, chiefly due to a decline in Russia. Operating profit was up 15% organically, with all three regions – Western Europe, Eastern Europe and Asia [...]...

Glanbia Ingredients Ireland Joint Venture Moves Closer

Glanbia Ingredients Ireland Joint Venture Moves Closer
November 15
14:15 2012

Members of Glanbia Co-operative Society have voted in favour of entering into a dairy processing joint venture with Glanbia plc, the global nutritional solutions and cheese group. The joint venture, to be named Glanbia Ingredients Ireland will comprise the business and operations of Glanbia plc’s Dairy Ingredients Ireland business unit.

DII is the largest dairy ingredients processor in Ireland, assembling a milk pool of 1.6 billion litres and processing it into about 180,000 tonnes of dairy ingredients largely for export to over 50 countries worldwide. In 2011, DII generated revenue of Eur738 million, operating profit of Eur33 million and EBITDA of Eur44 million.

Glanbia Co-operative Society will own 60% of Glanbia Ingredients Ireland and Glanbia plc the remaining 40%. Glanbia plc shareholders will vote on the proposal at an extraordinary general meeting on Tuesday, 20 November 2012. If approved by Glanbia shareholders, the joint venture transaction is expected to be completed on 25 November, 2012.

Subject to the joint venture transaction being approved, Glanbia Co-operative Society will seek member approval to reduce its shareholding in Glanbia plc from 54.4% to 41.4%.

John Moloney, group managing director of Glanbia plc, comments: “The joint venture presents substantial strategic opportunity for both Glanbia and the Society. From a Society perspective, it creates a strong platform from which to grow milk volumes and capture the benefits arising from increased milk production and processing post the abolition of milk quotas in 2015. For Glanbia plc, the joint venture enables it to continue its successful international growth strategy and maximise value for all shareholders.”

About Author

mike

mike

Related Articles



Food & Drink Business Conference & Exhibition 2016

Upcoming Events

  • September 11, 2017drinktec
  • September 13, 2017FI Asia
  • September 19, 2017PROCESS EXPO 2017
  • September 22, 2017Global Summit on Food & Beverages
AEC v1.0.4

The Magazine

F&D Business Preferred Suppliers

Advertisements