FDBusiness.com

Kiddicare chooses Wincanton to provide multi-channel logistics

 Breaking News
  • Brexit Deal Vital to Protecting Irish All-island Supply Chains Food Drink Ireland (FDI), the Ibec group that represents the food industry, has said the full implementation of the December Brexit deal was vital to protect complex all-island supply chains. The deal now needs to be put into a binding legal contract, there can be no black-sliding on clearly agreed commitments. At the launch of [...]...
  • GEA Cooling Systems For Pork Production in Russia At the end of last year, the pig slaughter and processing entity Agroeco-Yug signed a contract with the technology group GEA for the supply, installation and commissioning of an extensive cooling system. This plant will be built in the Voronezh region and will be one of Russia’s largest businesses for the slaughter and processing of [...]...
  • Modulfill Bloc FS-C Filler-seamer Block – Krones’ First Block Solution For Cans Premiered This is definitely something new – for the first time, beverage producers can buy, from Krones, an all-in-one solution for filling and seaming cans. This block is packed full of Krones’ knowledge coupled with state-of-the-art technology. Modulfill VFS-C Filler The Modulfill VFS-C is a volumetric can filler, suitable for both small and large output ranges. Depending on [...]...
  • The Best and Worst UK Supermarkets Aldi is the UK’s favourite supermarket for 2018, according to exclusive Which? research. The budget retailer has knocked Waitrose from the top spot, which it held for three years. Sainsbury’s finished in last position, with the least-satisfied in-store customers overall. Asda, Morrisons and Tesco, the other three largest supermarkets, complete the bottom half of the rankings. The [...]...
  • Branded Sales Outpace Own Label For First Time Since 2014 as Irish Shoppers Show Their Loyal Side The latest grocery market share figures from Kantar Worldpanel in Ireland, for the 12 weeks ending 28 January 2018, show continued growth for Irish supermarkets with branded goods leading the way. David Berry, director at Kantar Worldpanel, comments: “The recovery of branded sales began in late 2017 and has continued apace in the new year. Sales [...]...

Kiddicare chooses Wincanton to provide multi-channel logistics

July 12
09:01 2012

The UK’s leading baby specialist, Kiddicare, has chosen supply chain specialist Wincanton to provide logistics services as it grows from a predominantly online retailer to a true multichannel operation

Kiddicare, part of the Morrisons family, presently generates 85 per cent of revenue from its award winning website and mobile platforms. Its flagship Peterborough super store accounts for the remaining 15 per cent of sales.

In January, Kiddicare and Morrisons announced the acquisition of former Best Buy locations across England, underlining its intention to extend its offline offering and give customers a seamless multichannel sales experience.

Wincanton, the UK’s leading supply chain solutions provider, has won the contract to manage the fulfilment of these new superstores, in addition to the existing flagship store in Peterborough, the largest nursery outlet in Europe.

Wincanton will re-fit its 200,000 sq ft site in Daventry, Northamptonshire to receive, pick and pack millions of items annually for the new network of Kiddicare outlets as well as the business’ online orders. These will continue to be dispatched direct to the customer from the company’s Peterborough distribution centre.

The first Kiddicare goods into Daventry are expected in July.

Grant Henley, Kiddicare’s Operations Director explained Kiddicare required an experienced partner that shared the company’s values of delivering seamless customer service to move into a nationwide, multichannel environment.

“We needed to find a supply chain partner who we could trust to manage a complex and rapid warehouse start-up that also had the experience and ability to meet the challenges of a multichannel sales environment.”

Guy Elliott, Wincanton’s Managing Director Contract Logistics, said:

“We are delighted to be working with a fast growing business like Kiddicare. For a company like this, owned by Morrisons, to choose Wincanton is testament to our industry-leading credentials in the retail sector, expertise in delivering multichannel solutions and our ability to implement full-service logistics solutions quickly and efficiently.”

About Author

colin

colin

Related Articles



Food & Drink Business Conference & Exhibition 2016

Upcoming Events

  • February 18, 2018Vinisud
  • February 25, 2018fish international
  • February 27, 2018Int'l Food Fair
  • February 27, 2018Warsaw Gastro Show
AEC v1.0.4

Jobs: Logistics

find food jobs

The Magazine

F&D Business Preferred Suppliers

New Subscriber





Subscribe Here



Advertisements