FDBusiness.com

Pivovary Lobkowicz Group Completes Acquisition of Pivovar Rychtar

 Breaking News
  • Younger British Consumers Turn Over a New Leaf on Tea New research from Mintel reveals that as many as 37% of British consumers aged 25-34 have drunk 5-6 different types of tea at home or in the workplace over the past month*, compared to just 3% of those aged 55+. Furthermore, Brits aged 25-34 are the most likely to drink every variety of tea tracked by [...]...
  • Irish Consumer Confidence Hits New High Consumer confidence in Ireland has hit its highest level since the recession and is now the fourth most confident country in Europe, according to the latest Nielsen Global Survey of Consumer Confidence and Spending Intentions. The Republic of Ireland’s Consumer Confidence Index score – which measures attitudes each quarter on topics including personal finances and job prospects [...]...
  • Fifth Acquisition For Frutarom in 2017 Frutarom Industries, one of the world’s 10 largest companies in the field of flavours and natural specialty fine ingredients, continues its momentum of acquisitions and the implementation of its rapid and profitable growth strategy by agreeing to purchase of 100% of the shares of the UK company Flavours and Essences (UK) Ltd (F&E) for approximately [...]...
  • Market-leading Food Contact Conference, Plastics & Paper in Contact with Food – 4-7 December, Berlin Over 200 experts from across the food contact industry will come together in Berlin, Germany from 4–7 December 2017 to attend Smithers Pira’s Plastics & Paper in Contact with Foodstuffs (P&P) –http://www.food-contact.com/plastics-paper. With the European Commission having recently published EU regulation 752/2017 amending EU Regulation 10/2011 on plastic materials and articles intended for food contact, all [...]...
  • Croxsons’ Stunning Black Bottle For 6 O’Clock Gin’s Limited Edition Debut Leading glass packaging company Croxsons has supplied Bristol based distiller, 6 O’Clock Gin, with a stunning black bottle for their first limited edition gin product – the Brunel Edition. Since Bramley & Gage’s partnership with Croxsons for the re-launch of their 6 O’Clock gin, the Brunel Edition is the first limited edition gin for 6 O’Clock [...]...
  • Carlsberg Group Remains on Course Carlsberg Group has announced organic and reported net revenue growth of 2% to DKr31.77 billion (€4.27 billion) for the first half of 2017 although group beer volumes fell organically by 3%, chiefly due to a decline in Russia. Operating profit was up 15% organically, with all three regions – Western Europe, Eastern Europe and Asia [...]...

Pivovary Lobkowicz Group Completes Acquisition of Pivovar Rychtar

Pivovary Lobkowicz Group Completes Acquisition of Pivovar Rychtar
December 15
10:53 2014

Pivovary Lobkowicz Group, one of the top five brewers in the Czech Republic, has purchased a 30% stake in Pivovar Rychtar to assume complete ownership. Pivovar Rychtar has been a member of the Pivovary Lobkowicz Group since 2008, when the group acquired a 50% share, which increased to 70% in 2011. The option for the acquisition of the remaining 30% was already agreed on the acquisition of the first stake.

Established in 1913, Pivovar Rychtar was part of Pivovary Hradec Kralove, until 1996 when it was acquired by IMEX Premium. In 2008, the brewery was purchased by K Brewery, now Pivovary Lobkowicz Group.

Pivovar Rychtar uses traditional brewing techniques, including fermentation in open fermentation vessels. It is one of the few Czech breweries that use unprocessed hop cones. It currently brews eight types of beer, including unfiltered or special hopped up beers.

Pivovary Lobkowicz Group consists of seven regional breweries (Protivín, Uhersky Brod, Jihlava, Rychtar, Klaster, Vysoky Chlumec and Cerna Hora) located throughout Bohemia and Moravia which are centrally managed. The group currently offers 70 beer brands. Apart from traditional beer such as pale ales lagers, it offers a range of beer specialties – from semi-dark and higher-alcohol-content beers to dark lagers and non-alcoholic beer. It also produces soft drinks and table waters.

About Author

mike

mike

Related Articles



Food & Drink Business Conference & Exhibition 2016

Upcoming Events

  • September 11, 2017drinktec
  • September 13, 2017FI Asia
  • September 19, 2017PROCESS EXPO 2017
  • September 22, 2017Global Summit on Food & Beverages
AEC v1.0.4

The Magazine

F&D Business Preferred Suppliers

Advertisements