FDBusiness.com

Abbey International Finance Invests in Health Drinks Category

 Breaking News

Abbey International Finance Invests in Health Drinks Category

Abbey International Finance Invests in Health Drinks Category
May 30
09:43 2018

C7 Brands, the rapidly growing UK health drinks distributor, has announced a direct investment from Abbey International Finance. The investment, which is a blend of equity and additional debt funding, sees Abbey International Finance take control of 60% of the share equity of C7 Brands for £2 million. The remaining 40% of the firm will be owned by another Irish investment company, Prime Active Capital.

The investment from Abbey International Finance, will support C7’s booming health brand Coco Fuzion100 which is already available in 10 international markets around the world including the UK, Ireland, UAE, Australia and the USA. The news follows the recent introduction of the sugar tax in Ireland and the UK which has highlighted and triggered a substantial shift in consumer demand for the healthy beverage sector.

The growth of the Coconut Water category – already worth $3.5 billion globally and forecast to grow to $7 billion by 2022 – has provided a well understood back drop for Coco Fuzion100’s market first, all natural, carbonated and still range. The brand, which is on track to sell 1 million cases this year, boasts significant Ambassadors including Jamie Heaslip, Sir Ian McGeechan, Jason Robinson and Bryan Habana, and has recently announced significant partnerships with Leicester Tigers and the Invictus Games. The brand’s military engagement is already well established alongside significant retail partnerships including Tesco, Sainsburys, Il Corte Inglis and the Bin Hadher Distribution Group in the UAE.

C7 Brands founder & CEO Steve Barton explains: “Given the scale and growth of our key brand Coco Fuzion100, to have Abbey International Finance as our investment and growth partner is a pivotal moment in the company’s and brand’s history.  The global coconut water market has seen extreme growth over the last 5-6 years and we are well positioned, now more than ever, to further capitalise on the growth of the health sector in our core markets around the world.”

Abbey International Finance was founded in 1990 and has grown its net assets to over €150 million across a diversified range of activities, including asset finance, real estate and insurance. Its operations in Ireland include Gaelic Plant Hire and Advent Insurance, but most of its investments are in North America and continental Europe.

John Prosser, Managing Director of Abbey International Finance, comments: “We are very excited by our investment in C7 Brands and look forward to Coco Fuzion100 becoming a leading global brand. Steve Barton has assembled a team capable of delivering high quality distribution of this outstanding product. I look forward to supporting Steve’s leadership and high-quality marketing approach to ensure future success.”


Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/fdbusiness/public_html/wp-content/themes/legatus-theme/includes/single/post-tags.php on line 5
Share

About Author

mike

mike

Related Articles

Food & Drink Business Conference & Exhibition 2016

Upcoming Events

[eventlist]

Jobs: Finance

find food jobs

The Magazine

F&D Business Preferred Suppliers

New Subscriber

Subscribe Here



Advertisements