This March, the UK’s largest pop-up supermarket for industry buyers is coming to London’s ExCeL. Between 19–22 March, The International Food & Drink Event (IFE) will be the global shopping hub for the industry’s most influential buyers. With 1000’s of new product launches and countless innovative offerings on display across the four-day event, trade attendees are guaranteed to leave inspired and motivated for the year ahead.
As consumer consumption habits continue to evolve at an ever increasing pace, IFE 2017 showcases the latest trends shaping the food and drink industry. As the show opening approaches, IFE shares its ultimate, not to be missed shopping list:
Adult Soft Drinks
With more and more consumers embracing a teetotal lifestyle than ever before, the demand for premium adult soft drinks is at an all time high. Buyers should expect to see more cold-pressed juices and non-alcoholic adult soft drinks at IFE 2017.
- Fentimans – a range of botanically brewed soft drinks [Stand N2140]
- Cawston Press Sparkling Soft Drinks – a balance of natural flavours using only pressed juice with some added sparkle [Stand N2002]
- Sibberi Tree Water – the first and leading tree water brand available in Birch, Maple and Bamboo waters [Stand N2440]
- Juice A Day – a range of refreshing cold press juices made from exotic fruits and garden greens [Stand N1926]
Gluten Free and Free From
Over the last five years there has been a significant rise in popularity of gluten free and free from market. No longer required for purely medical reasons, the sector is becoming increasingly popular choice with consumers looking to adopt a ‘better for you’ lifestyle. As interest in the market increases so does the demand for free from options that refuse to compromise on taste.
- MannaVida – finely milled gluten-free flour ideal for a range of recipes [Stand N2750]
- World Innovation Awards 2017 finalist Nutristrength – a range of protein powders produced using goat and sheep whey [Stand N2432]
- Battle Oats – a nutritional grab ‘n’ go snack, high in protein and gluten free [Stand N1630]
- World Innovation Awards 2017 finalist Dragsbaek – organic vegan spreadables [Stand S3410]
Protein isn’t what it used to be. Insects, plants and algae are all new and exciting meat substitutes and IFE 2017 has a great assortment of products for those buyers interested in alternative protein options.
- Yumpa – natural energy bars made with protein-packed cricket flour, nuts, dried fruit and seeds [Stand N2262]
- Moellerup – a range of nutritious and delicious products from pure hemp products [Stand S2804/c]
With consumers’ lifestyles becoming busier, many are opting to graze regularly instead of sitting down to eat a main meal and are demanding healthy snacks that provide the same blend of nutrition and convenience.
- Deliciously Ella Energy Balls – a delicious on-the-go snack made from no more than six natural ingredients [Stand N2345]
- Emily Crisps – healthy treats that combine real fruit and vegetables with the proper crunch of a crisp [Stand N1648]
- World Innovation Awards 2017 finalist Mindful Bites – crunchy gluten and sugar free bites filled with a range of tasty nut butter fillings [Stand N2254]
Best of British & Irish
Consumers are continuing to choose authentic and traditional products using locally sourced produce and at IFE 2017, buyers can discover a wide range of Great British & Irish products.
- World Innovation Awards 2017 finalist Salubrious Sauce – a range of different British inspired meal condiments [Stand N2354]
- Biddenden Vineyards – award winning wines, pressed, fermented and bottled on a family run farm in Kent [Stand N2748]
- Snowflake Gelato – gelato made with the best quality natural ingredients from the UK [Stand N2842]
- De Roiste Puddings – a family owned business producing traditional black & white puddings, sausages, rashers & breakfast time terrines [Stand N2802]
Buyers attending IFE 2017 will be blown away with the ground-breaking products on offer from exhibitors and be the first to see the NPD showcased daily. The Grocery Accelerator sessions will take place every day on the Talking Trends stage and will shine a spotlight on 20 of the most promising start-up food and drink companies, giving visitors the opportunity to taste, meet and discover something amazing. Additionally, buyers looking to shop a particular trend can follow one of IFE’s “Trend Trails”. The simple to follow trail maps will highlight relevant stands to source new and on-trend produce in specific on-trend categories such as Free From, Fit for Kids, Private Label, Hot Beverages and Innovation on the go.
With so much to see and do, IFE 2017 has created a brand new Personal Itinerary planner on the website, enabling buyers to pinpoint the products, chef demos and seminars they don’t want to miss. The new tool aims to ensure that visitors leave with greater inspiration, newer ideas and wider knowledge of the industry.
Event Director, Soraya Gadelrab commented: “When we go shopping for fashion we don’t want to shop last season’s trends, and it’s no different with the food and drink industry. IFE 2017 is proud to be among the first to showcase the emerging global trends and latest NPD, we take our role as the buyers’ market incredibly seriously and are confident that some great partnerships will be formed during the four day event.”
Register now via the IFE website (www.ife.co.uk) for your free entrance badge and save paying the £25 on-the-door charge.