Kraft Foods has announced the composition of the board of directors for its global snacks company, Mondelez International, which has will be separated from the North American grocery business in October 2012. Irene Rosenfeld (pictured), currently head of Kraft Foods, will be Chairman and CEO of Mondelez International. Other board members are:
* Stephen Bollenbach, 70, served as Co-Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Hilton Hotels Corporation from May 2004 until his retirement in October 2007, and served as President and CEO from February 1996 to May 2004. Prior to that, he served as Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of The Walt Disney Company from September 1995 to February 1996. Bollenbach spent the previous 30 years in various financial leadership positions in the hospitality, real estate and financial services industries.
* Lewis Booth, CBE, 63, served as EVP and CFO of the Ford Motor Company from November 2008 until his retirement in April 2012. He was EVP, Ford of Europe, Volvo Car Corporation and Ford Export Operations and Global Growth Initiatives and EVP of Ford’s Premier Automotive Group, from 2005 to 2008. Prior to that, Booth held various executive leadership positions with Ford, including as Chairman and Chief Executive of Ford of Europe, President of Mazda Motor Corporation and President of Ford Asia Pacific and Africa Operations. He was employed continuously by the Ford Motor Company in positions of increasing responsibility since 1978.
* Lois Juliber, 63, Kraft Foods Inc. director since 2007, served as a Vice Chairman of the Colgate-Palmolive Company from July 2004 until April 2005. She served as Colgate-Palmolive’s Chief Operating Officer from March 2000 to July 2004, EVP – North America and Europe from 1997 until March 2000 and President of Colgate North America from 1994 to 1997. Prior to joining Colgate-Palmolive, Juliber spent 15 years at General Foods Corporation, in a variety of key marketing and general management positions.
* Mark Ketchum, 62, Kraft Foods Inc. director since 2007 and Lead Director since 2009, served as President and CEO of Newell Rubbermaid Inc. from October 2005 to June 2011 and was a member of its board of directors from November 2004 to May 2012. From 1999 to 2004, Ketchum was President, Global Baby and Family Care of The Procter & Gamble Company. Ketchum joined P&G in 1971, where he served in a variety of roles, including VP and General Manager – Tissue/Towel from 1990 to 1996 and President–North American Paper Sector from 1996 to 1999.
* Jorge Mesquita, 50, Kraft Foods Inc. director since May 2012, has been employed continuously by P&G in various marketing and leadership capacities since 1984. He has served as Group President – New Business Creation and Innovation since March 2012. He was Group President, Global Fabric Care from 2007 to 2011 and President, Global Home Care from 2001 to 2007, also serving as President of Commercial Products and President of P&G Professional from 2006 to 2007.
* Fredric Reynolds, 61, Kraft Foods Inc. director since 2007, served as EVP and CFO of CBS Corporation from January 2006 until his retirement in August 2009. From 2001 until 2006, Reynolds served as President and CEO of Viacom Television Stations Group and EVP and CFO of the businesses that comprised Viacom Inc. He also served as EVP and CFO of CBS Corporation and its predecessor, Westinghouse Electric Corporation, from 1994 to 2000. Prior to that, Reynolds served in various capacities with PepsiCo, Inc. for 12 years, including CFO at Pizza Hut, Pepsi Cola International, Kentucky Fried Chicken Worldwide and Frito-Lay.
* Ruth Simmons, 67, is President Emerita of Brown University and Professor of Comparative Literature and Africana Studies since 2001. Prior to that, Simmons served as President,SmithCollegefrom 1995 to 2001 and Vice Provost of Princeton University from 1991 to 1995. She served in various administrative positions at colleges and universities since 1977, including the University of Southern California from 1979 to 1983, Princeton University from 1983 to 1989 (and again from 1991 to 1995) and Spelman College from 1989 to 1991.
* Jean-Francois van Boxmeer, 50, Kraft Foods Inc. director since 2010. Van Boxmeer has been Chairman of the Executive Board and CEO of Heineken N.V. since 2005 and a member of its Executive Board since 2001. He has been employed continuously by Heineken in various capacities since 1984, including as General Manager of Heineken Italia from 2000 to 2001.