FDBusiness.com

Bel Group Expands in Morocco

 Breaking News
  • Coca-Cola HBC to Acquire Italian Water and Sparkling Beverages Company in €88 Million Deal Coca‑Cola HBC has agreed to acquire Acque Minerali, a privately-held natural mineral water and adult sparkling beverages business based in Italy. The acquisition is being made in conjunction with The Coca-Cola Company, in-line with previous similar acquisitions. The total enterprise value payable by Coca‑Cola HBC and The Coca‑Cola Company, subject to customary closing adjustments, amounts [...]...
  • Britvic Signs Up to Science Based Targets Initiative Britvic has pledged to pursue bolder greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reduction targets by signing up to the Science Based Targets initiative. Britvic joins around 600 leading companies from around the world in formally committing to independently verified science-based GHG emission reduction targets. Britvic’s A Healthier Everyday sustainability strategy recognises climate change as one of the biggest threats facing [...]...
  • Marks & Spencer Partners Infarm to Bring Urban Farming to London Stores M&S Food is partnering with infarm – one of the world’s most advanced urban farming platforms – to deliver a range of fresh produce grown and harvested in a selection of the retailer’s London stores. Customers will now find a range of fresh herbs – including Italian, Greek and Bordeaux Basils, Mint, Curly Parsley and Mountain [...]...
  • Coca-Cola European Partners to Remove 4,000 Tonnes of Single-use Plastic by Swapping Shrink Wrap For Cardboard in Western Europe Coca-Cola European Partners, will be replacing plastic shrink wrap with cardboard for its can multipacks across Western Europe, removing approximately 4,000 tonnes of single-use plastic per year across the region. This is the latest move in Coca-Cola’s commitment to tackle packaging waste and remove all unnecessary single-use plastic from its secondary packaging. Plastic shrink wrapping is used [...]...
  • EU Leading in Global Agri-food Trade The EU has been confirmed for yet another year in its position as the largest global exporter of agri-food products, with sales reaching €138 billion in 2018. Agriculture products represent a solid share of 7% of the value of EU total goods exported in 2018, ranking fourth after machinery, other manufactured goods and chemicals. Agriculture and [...]...

Bel Group Expands in Morocco

Bel Group Expands in Morocco
June 02
11:41 2015

Bel Group, the French branded cheeses specialist, is acquiring a 69.82% majority shareholding in Safilait, the third largest dairy processor in Morocco.The remaining 30.18% interest will stay under the ownership of Safilait’s founding company Yasfi. The deal will allow Bel and Safilait to broaden their offering in the Moroccan market, where the two companies already have strong brands and market positions.

Safilait specialises in the processing, packaging and sale of fresh milk, UHT milk and fresh dairy products through its Jibal® brand, has reported robust business growth over the past several years.

Bel leads the Moroccan cheese market with its The Laughing Cow®, les Enfants® and Kiri® brands. Present in the country since the 1970’s, Bel employs 1,500 people in Morocco and operates a plant in Tangiers that produces The Laughing Cow®, les Enfants® and Kiri® cheese.

The agreement is subject to several conditions, including the approval of anti-trust authorities. The parties hope to obtain these approvals in the third quarter of 2015.

Antoine Fievet, chairman and chief executive of Bel Group, says:”Bel is proud of its success in Morocco, built with the help of long-time local partners. The Group applauds this new partnership with recognized Moroccan producers, one that fully meets its strategic growth objectives.”

About Author

mike

mike

Related Articles

Food & Drink Business Conference & Exhibition 2016

Upcoming Events

  • October 1, 2019PPMA Total Show
  • October 17, 2019Future Food-Tech
  • November 18, 2019Plastics Caps and Closures Conference 2019
AEC v1.0.4

find food jobs

The Magazine

F&D Business Preferred Suppliers

New Subscriber

Subscribe Here



Advertisements